Have you ever experienced driving from one place to another without even being aware of what you were doing?
Do you often find it hard to switch off because your mind is so caught up thinking about the past, judging the present moment or worrying about the future?
Perhaps, you eat without really tasting or ignore your body’s signals of discomfort or pain?
Are you, maybe, stressed and overwhelmed – juggling work, family and social commitments or, perhaps, your stress is due to loneliness?
It’s easy in today’s world to live on autopilot, going through the motions to keep up with the inevitable pressures and pace that modern life has become. And life became more intense for many of us as we live through the uncertainty of a global pandemic.
Did you know that there is extensive research suggesting that an eight week Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction (MBSR) or Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy course (MBCT) activates the part of the brain responsible for optimism and joy?
Research results using fMRI brain scans indicate that the brain can change and be re-wired for happiness while reducing stress, a concept known as neuro-plasticity.
Although the brain is only 2 percent of the body’s weight, it uses 20-25 percent of its oxygen and glucose. Worry, anxiety and depression will use up more energy and are literally exhausting.
(Lammert, 2008: Buddha’s Brain, R. Hanson).
Revive Your Life with Mindfulness
The eight week courses follow a structured curriculum for both the MBSR and MBCT courses, focusing on distinct themes and progressive learning each week.
What You Will Learn:
- How to switch off autopilot and lean into the present moment
- To become aware of yourself and others in a positive way
- To deal with difficult thoughts, moods and emotions skillfully
- How to use effective strategies to cope with stress
- To live with more purpose
- To increase your confidence and relaxation
- Live more fully
During the sessions you will learn gentle mindful movement (yoga, tai chi, zen walking-based practices) and meditation using the breath and senses to help you locate and dissolve tension, develop mental clarity, focus, concentration and calm.
There are different courses to choose from that will support you on your journey learning and practising mindfulness meditation:
Weekly Online Practise for MBSR & MBCT Graduates
This class is an opportunity to re-connect with others and refresh your practice guided by Yasmin. It’s a great way to share experience and learning of mindfulness meditation.
If you are unable to attend the livestream sessions, a recording will be sent to you so that you can practise in your own time.
Please see the details below for payment and how to connect.
Please complete and return the health questionnaire to me by email before the course begins.
DATES TO BE CONFIRMED SOON!
£8 per single class
A four class pass is discounted to £28.00.
Please make sure that you check your diary and upcoming commitments as no refunds will be given for missed classes.
FOUR CLASS PASS:
If you have paid for a four class pass and missed a session or more, you can transfer to a single class session within a three month period to make up for the missed dates. Please inform me first of your intention so we can both keep track of your attendance.
You will need the following:
- A private space in your home where you will be undisturbed for the session
- Ensure you have at least a metre (two feet) of space around you to move without hurting yourself
- Switch off or put mobile phones on silent so you don’t disturb others’ participation
- A yoga mat (or exercise mat or non-slip rug for mindful movement practice)
- A chair or small cushion or meditation stool to sit on
- A rug or light blanket for lying meditations
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing that allow you to move freely
6. There will be time for sharing during the session, if desired.
Moving into Mindfulness – Dates TBC
Coming to Your Senses – Discovering Mindfulness – A Beginners Course
|Weekly Mindfulness||TBC||TBC||Graduates of 8 week courses|
£8 for single class
£28 x four class pass
|Moving into Mindfulness||TBC||TBC||Beginners & experienced||£TBC x six week course|
|Coming to Your Senses – Discovering Mindfulness||TBC||TBC||Beginners||£TBC x 5 week course|
Eight Week Mindfulness Courses – Dates TBC
During each session you will be encouraged to share your direct experience of the teacher guided practices within the confidential setting of the group.
Please note that daily home practice – 6 times per week from recordings of up to 40 mins for MBSR and from 10 to 40 mins for the MBCT courses – is required to develop your mindfulness skills week by week.
Although there is much evidence supporting the effectiveness of the eight week courses, it is not suitable for everyone.
You will be advised prior to the course if it is suitable for you.
Early bird price is £350 and regular price is £375. There is a weekly payment option, please email me for further information.
The price includes:
- Pre-course orientation (registration and telephone consultation, where appropriate)
- Eight 2 hour sessions plus a one day retreat (MBSR) or eight 1.5 hour sessions (MBCT)
- All weekly course materials – handouts and reading and CD/mp3 recordings of weekly meditations for home practice
Payment is made in advance of the course start date by Paypal or bank transfer, upon request.
More than one month’s notice – a full refund will be given less a 10% administration fee.
Less than one month’s notice – no refund will be given unless your place is taken by another.
In this eventuality, the refund will be subject to a 10% administration fee.
During the course – no refund.
Photo credit: Richard & Dan George for BBC